Company: Hy-Vee, Inc.
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Job Title: * Coffee Shop Department Manager
*Department: * Coffee Shop
Responsible for setting the department standards for customer
service, employee relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional
appearance and overall profitability. Coordinates the delivery of
the freshest and best quality product at a competitive retail
price. Additionally, always maintaining a positive company image by
providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to
customers and team members.
* Growth mindset
* Results oriented
* Customer focused
Accountable and Reports to: District Store Director, Store Manager,
Assistant Managers of; Store Operations, Perishables, and Health
Wellness Home; Food Service Director
Positions that Report to you: Coffee Shop Department Employees
*Primary Duties and Responsibilities*
* Maintains a positive attitude; creates an atmosphere of
friendliness and fun through flexibility and teamwork.
* Generates a friendly atmosphere by encouraging employees to greet
and speak to customers; providing prompt, courteous, and efficient
service to customers and sets a good example.
* Sets the department standards for customer service, employee
relations, cleanliness, sanitation, professional appearance and
* Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
* Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
* Assists customers by: (examples include)escorting them to the
products they're looking for
securing products that are out of reach
loading or unloading heavy items
making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
* Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call including taking product orders.
* Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, disciplines, and evaluates
all department employees.
* Determines department goals with store director.
* Determines weekly work schedule and establishes a daily work plan
for the department.
* Inspects signage and displays for quality and quantity of
merchandise and orders product for replenishment.
* Handles and satisfies customer issues.
* Communicates with employees regarding sales and ideas.
* Figures retail pricing and ensures correct pricing.
* Extends invoices, posts invoices, and oversees department
* Analyzes weekly and monthly sales and trends and compares to
actuals, prepares ad projections, and writes ads.
* Conducts inventory of the department.
* Plans displays, promotions, and determines pre-orders.
* Ensures proper temperatures and storage procedures are maintained
to guarantee freshness and control shrink of product.
* Understands and troubleshoots equipment and ensures maintenance
* Ensures store appearance and equipment are maintained in a
* Completes and implements, successfully, from Advanced Store
* Maintains consistent speed of service to the customer by ensuring
all store-staffing requirements are met.
* Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
* Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
* Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
*Secondary Duties and Responsibilities*
* Ensures pricing is competitive in the market area.
* Attends meetings and seminars and participates in continuing
* Fills displays and works in the sales area.
* Unloads trucks, checks in delivered merchandise and places
product in appropriate storage area.
* Performs departmental duties as needed.
* Assists in other areas of store as needed.
* Performs other job related duties and special projects as
*Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics*
* Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
* Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
* Possess the ability to compose original correspondence; interpret
written work instructions; interview job applicants; follow
technical manuals and have increased contact with people.
*Education and Experience*
High school or equivalent experience from on-the-job training and
sanitation courses. Over one year of related work experience.
*Supervisory Responsibilities (Direct Reports)*
* Instructs, assigns, reviews and plans work of others.
* Maintains standards, coordinates activities, allocates personnel,
acts on employee problems, and selects new employees.
* Has the authority to approve employee discipline.
* Has the authority to recommend employee transfer, discharge, and
* Must be physically able to exert up to 100 pounds of force
(shared team lifting) occasionally; exert up to 50 pounds of force
frequently; and exert up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
* Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
* Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and
dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards from a
pallet jack, electrical shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals
and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
*Equipment Used to Perform Job*
Standard equipment used in a coffee shop environment, cash
register, can opener, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice
machine, scales, pop machine, calculator, computer, RPM, steamer,
fax, copier, telephone.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and
Has daily contact with customers, employees, suppliers/vendors, and
the general public. Occasional contact with local, federal or state
regulatory agencies regarding inspections.
Has access to confidential information including, employee
compensation, monthly results, quarterly inventory reports, sales
and profit sheets, and warehouse pricing.
Are you ready to smile, apply today.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Paid training
* Vision insurance
* 3 years
* Coffee shop
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Morning shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Cedar Rapids, IA 52411: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* management: 3 years (Required)
* Customer service: 2 years (Required)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Required)
* Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Inc., Cedar Rapids , Starbucks Manager, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!