Parts Manager (CR)
Company: GATR Truck Center
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Are you looking for a change? Do you have experience in a parts
department, but there is no room for advancement? Are you
interested in utilizing your ability to motivate a sales team? We
have a fit for you!At GATR Truck Center, we believe in quality.
From the trucks, truck parts and service we provide, to the people
we employ. We are your three- time Volvo Dealer of the Year and we
currently have five locations throughout Minnesota and Iowa to
service our customers. We are looking for a Parts Manager to join
our GATR of Cedar Rapids team.Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain an atmosphere where the customer experience is
- Follow GATR standards for treatment of customers. Maintain a
customer relations program that assures prompt repairs and high
quality. Also provide a customer record and follow-up system,
resolve customer complaints and build loyal clientele for
- Visit with past, current and future customers on a consistent
and monthly basis to discuss any issues and request additional
- Meet with all parts employee's quarterly, review how they are
performing and set expectations, goals and compensation adjustments
for the next quarter.
- Use quality control procedures designed to monitor quality of
work and take corrective action where standards are not met.
Provide assistance, information, and direction to employees to
concerns and improve performance.
- Design and implement a marketing plan for increasing part
sales/profit and establish short-term and long-term goals.
- Manage operational expenses so target profit is earned
- Incorporate company policies for recruiting, hiring and
- Respond to customer inquiries on status of purchase orders and
- Schedule personnel to maximize department efficiencies.
- Use warranty claim processing procedures that permits prompt
settlement, simplified tracking/control and recognizes the interest
of the customers and company. Develop business relationships with
factory field personnel and corporate personnel that result in
obtaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Work with other areas to reduce conflict and maximize company
profitability. Prepare for and participate in meetings with
management. Maintain a good working relationship with all employees
- Maintain equipment in effective and safe working condition.
Establish equipment maintenance schedules as needed.Essential
- Great attitude and work ethic
- Complete understanding of operation financial management
- 4 5 years of experience in the automotive or trucking industry,
leadership roles preferred
- Ability to motivate employees and attain objectives
- Know and apply company policies
- Knowledge of safety rules and regulations
- Knowledge of technology to improve efficiencies in the
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skillsGATR Truck Center
offers a full benefit package which includes: Medical insurance,
Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Short-Term and
Long-Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Paid Holidays, Paid
Time Off, and a generous employer 401k match!GATR is an Equal
Keywords: GATR Truck Center, Cedar Rapids , Parts Manager (CR), Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!