Area Manager Warehouse - Cedar Rapids, IA
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Area Manager's responsibility is to assist in the management
and direction of sub departments within the department. This
includes successfully leading the execution of day to day
departmental objectives by selecting, onboarding, training,
assigning, scheduling, coaching, and improving employee
performance. This role entails supporting warehouse associates with
daily activities, covering various shifts to support the
department, communicating effectively, and delivering exemplary
customer service through strong leadership and professionalism.
A day in the life...
- Measure and manage employee actions and performance by aligning
to strategic plans
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and
assigning employees; following up on work results
- Support warehouse associates and daily activities which
includes covering various shifts to support the department
- Motivate and develop teams, organize and encourage teamwork
through collaboration and relationship building to ensure
productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Recruit, select, onboard, coach/support and motivate
- Support the ongoing safety efforts to ensure all teams are
working in a safe manner
You own this if you have...
- Previous experience (3+ years) proven leadership
experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar management
- Strong working knowledge of warehouse systems and CI
- Time management skills and the ability to manage multiple
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office and WMS software
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in
our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to
support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and
requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be
additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or
accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which
can be identified at www.nordstrom.com .
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the
Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Cedar Rapids , Area Manager Warehouse - Cedar Rapids, IA, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!