Company: Alliant Energy
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 24, 2020
- Responsible for the review of accounting results, internal and
external financial statements, reports, and analyses.
- Responsible for reviewing of regulatory reports to be filed
with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for managing and providing necessary support for
all rate activities, and continuous process improvement
initiatives, and the company's strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring all accounting activities are
completed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles (GAAP), the Federal Electric Regulatory Committee (FERC)
Uniform Systems of Accounts, and other prescribed rules and
- Manages accounting research activities, with emphasis on
current and developing Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and
Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) accounting rules,
including preparing recommendations to address the developing
issues. Attends periodic meetings of industry groups and/or
technical conferences to maintain knowledge of significant SEC and
FASB items as necessary.
- Reviews accounting systems for optimal efficiencies in
processing of financial data.
- Oversees the integrity of the general ledger, including
maintenance of the account structure, ensuring the proper review
and approval of all journal vouchers and other source documents and
the reconciliation of all utility account balances takes place.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with our internal control over
financial reporting framework.
- Supports the operating business units in the processing of
- Acts as a champion for change including leading the team in
developing creative solutions to simplify and streamline finance
activities such as continuous reviews of systems and processes for
optimal efficiencies in collecting, analyzing and reporting
- Partners with key stakeholders to develop solutions for better
financial or strategic outcomes that align with the companys
overall strategic plan. Ensures measures are in place to identify,
assess, respond and communicate risks and opportunities.
- Partners with employees to aid in their development by
providing timely feedback on their performance and identifying
opportunities for growth. Managers should encourage the development
and maintenance of cross-functional relationships within the
company and empowering employees to make sound
- Performs work under the general supervision of a Director.
- Supervises the work of professional and non-exempt employees
engaged in financial and accounting activities.Requisition
ID:4754BRPosition Type:Regular Recruiting Location(s):Cedar Rapids,
IA, Madison, WISchedule Type:Full-Time Posting Details:Looking to
power up your career? If you enjoy challenges, have the drive to
learn, and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to
consider Alliant Energy!What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the
right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow,
and think beyond be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local
communitiesAlliant Energy has a unique opportunity for an
Accounting Manager in Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA. We are
looking for a strong leader that will inspire and develop their
team to be their best while executing on a vision to build strong
culture of continuous learning, growth and challenge. This role
provides an excellent overview of both the Company and the utility
industry and opens the doors to many other opportunities within
Alliant Energy.In this role, you will be part of the Chief
Accounting Officers organization and will lead a group of
individuals responsible for the accounting of customer revenues,
utility margins and other general utility accounting matters. You
will provide guidance and lead the team in all aspects of the
associated accounting including monthly accounting close, analysis,
financial and regulatory reporting and solve accounting-related
problems. Additionally, you will work with business partners to
evaluate potential opportunities, provide perspective and develop
solutions for the Company. You will have the opportunity to drive
change and lead teams with implementing process improvements by
utilizing robotic process automation, new system capabilities and
other changes to drive efficiencies. Alliant Energy will not
provide sponsorship for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or
in the future for this position.Job
Category:Accounting/Finance/Audit Job Qualifications:Education
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in accounting or related
- 5 years of experience in an accounting, financial, or related
- 3 years supervisory experience or equivalent. (Equivalent
supervisory experiences may include project management, providing
work direction, leadership experience through temporary
assignments, roles in the community or external organizations, or
other demonstrated leadership experience.)Preferred Certification
- Active domestic Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
designationOther Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements for All
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills.
- Demonstrated financial skills such as budgeting and moderate to
complex understanding of accounting.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g.,
e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and inclusive
environment.*NOTE: All candidates selected for employment with
Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug
screen and background check.We are committed to providing an
inclusive work environment for all and are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.Disclaimer:
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.To apply for this challenging opportunity, please
complete our online application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers.
Applications will be accepted until a qualified pool of candidates
is received.Posting Title:Accounting Manager
Keywords: Alliant Energy, Cedar Rapids , Accounting Manager, Executive , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!