Sr Network Security Engineer
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Sr Network Security Engineer - ( 22005840 )DescriptionSr.
Network Security EngineerThe successful candidate will be
responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining
information/network security systems for Windstreams service
provider and management networks. The incumbent must possess skills
that enable him or her to troubleshoot and maintain security
applications and equipment that support both an Internet Service
Provider business and a Network Operations environment.The
successful candidate must have a proven technical-security
background, with emphasis on identity and security technologies,
including an understanding of Information Security fundamentals
(such as the ISC2's Common Body of Knowledge, United Kingdom's
Common Criteria, and ISO 17799). A strong desire to promote solid
Information Security awareness/practice throughout the enterprise
is critical, as the candidate will be asked to provide subject
matter expertise to other areas inside enterprise.Duties
- Participate in the strategic design and architecture of a
complex, high-scale enterprise Security program.
- Responsible for the evolution of the Security alerting and
monitoring program by implementing and executing integration
processes, frameworks, and activities.
- Responsible for the operational support of all Network Security
Operations alerting and monitoring management platforms to ensure
stability, uptime, and security.
- Lifecycle management of new security systems and applications
with existing environments.
- Assist with the decommission or migration of existing
- Write technical documents as necessary describing base security
requirements and architecture.
- Document policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in an Incident Response Team as necessary.Candidate
- Experience with at least one of the following: Fortinet,
CheckPoint, or Cisco ASA firewalls. Must have experience in design,
installation, configuration, and operations.
- Strong skills in system administration for Linux and Windows
- Development of identity and access governance framework and
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in at
least one of the following:
- SIEM technologies and methodologies
- Shell Scripting
- Knowledge of network protocols, data flows, and vulnerabilities
within a TCP/IP environment.
- Familiar with fundamental networking concepts.
- Must be able to work well in team environment.
- Independent problem solver; self-directed, self-starting.
- Good inter-personal and communication skills.
- Good personal organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work issues via ticketing
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced,
dynamic operations environment.
- Available and willing to be in a 24x7 on call rotation
- Ability to lift at a minimum 50 pounds.Security Knowledge
- Strong understanding of alerting and monitoring security
- Strong understanding of system design.
- Security system deployment methodology
- Defense in depth strategiesSecurity Product Knowledge
- Familiarity with RSA Ace (SecurID), Active Directory and
- Solaris or Redhat
- Windows 2003 and newer
- Experience with Cisco ACS/ISE
- Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper and Cisco firewalls a
plusCertification / License
- CISSP / CISM (Preferred)
- CCNA/CCNPQualificationsQualifications:College degree and 7-10
years experience or 11 years equivalent related
Engineering/Technical experience or a combination of education and
related Engineering/Technical experience required.7 years
experience with vulnerability management, SIEM and Log Management,
proxy servers, DLP, IPS/IDS, VPN, PKI, multi-factor authentication,
SAML, and cryptography is preferred. Experience with Fortinet
equipment is required.7 years of experience with network security
engineering and/or analysis Perl, PHP, Python, Regex scripting
experience. Vendor/Professional certification is considered a plus.
CISSP or CAP certification is preferred.Desired
Qualifications:Ability to stay current with the economic and
technological developments in the industry.IND123Primary Location :
US-North Carolina-CharlotteOther Locations : US-Iowa-Hiawatha,
US-Georgia-Atlanta, US-Colorado-Denver, US-Ohio-Virtual Office OH
V210 1.00, US-South Carolina-Greenville, United StatesWork
Locations :Charlotte NC 1720 Galleria1720 Galleria BlvdCharlotte
28270Job Category : ITEEO Statement: : Windstream is an equal
opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity
and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic
information, protected veteran status, current military status,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by law,
and to give full consideration to qualified disabled individuals
and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel
our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream
is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.Req ID:
22005840Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including
minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status,
military status, protected veteran status or employment status.
Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Cedar Rapids , Sr Network Security Engineer, Engineering , Hiawatha, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!