Field Technician (Paid Training)
Company: Mediacom Communications Corporation
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2020
You'll find all sorts of advantages to joining the Mediacom family.
If you enjoy technology and serving your community, you'll love
Mediacom. Along with that rewarding feeling, you'll be given the
Power to Succeed in your career while enjoying ongoing training and
a generous benefits package designed to be flexible and relevant to
As a Broadband Specialist I (Field Technician), you will be
primarily focused on new installations of our cable television and
broadband services. You'll drive a company van, go into customer
homes, and represent Mediacom every day to our customers. You'll
also learn and perform a variety of duties including installation,
changes of service, additional outlet installation, disconnection
of service, payment collection, and any special requests customers
may have regarding installation.
You'll get formal training, company vehicle, company uniforms,
tools, netbook, cell phone, health, dental, vision, generous
discounts on services, education reimbursement, 401(k) with company
match, pay increases through self-guided study and more!
Note: If this isn't the job for you, maybe you know someone who'd
love it? Send them this job link!
• Makes customer drop installations (exterior and interior)
complete from tap to antenna terminals on customer equipment in
both single and multiple unit dwellings, including pre-wired
• Performs new connects, reconnects, requested and non-pay
disconnects; adds outlets; installs and/or removes converters;
performs upgrades and downgrades of service.
• Analyzes picture quality and judges acceptability of picture
delivered following installation of cable service.
• Works with connectors, fasteners and wire and uses hand
• Uses customary CATV hand and power tools in performance of job
• Completes appropriate paperwork functions as prescribed by system
• Reads signal levels through use of field strength meter; adds and
subtracts levels in installation problems; installs connectors on
different types of drop cable; maintains proper clearances;
installs tap-off devices.
• Climb poles with proper equipment (safety belt, safety strap and
climbers), ladders or other structures as needed. Lifts and carries
loads up to 75lbs (including line ladder); Works within limited
confines, such as crawl spaces.
• Properly uses, stores and maintains a VOM or DMM to check for
"open" or "short" on line as well as AC and DC voltages.
• Reads general drop system layouts from blueprints.
• Inform customers of FCC Rules and Company policies as they
pertain to customers.
• Drives Company vehicles in performance of job duties; uses bucket
truck. Proper vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
• Generate additional company revenue through effective sales
techniques and by offering information about product options, sales
campaigns and promotions.
• Performs other duties such as clean-up and salvage of wrecked out
materials; provides general assistance to other employees as
• Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
• High school diploma or GED required; trade school training
• Valid driver's license; satisfactory driving record required.
• General level of mechanical and consumer devices knowledge.
• Ability to interact and communicate with customers and
• Ability to work in high or tight spaces.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various
• Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings,
weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
• Strenuous – Physical effort represented by frequent handling of
heavy objects (approximately 50-100 lbs.) and materials, or heavy
Keywords: Mediacom Communications Corporation, Cedar Rapids , Field Technician (Paid Training), Engineering , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!