Adjunct Instructor, Nursing
Company: Kirkwood Community College
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Under minimal supervision, the nursing adjunct instructor is
responsible for fostering student learning in the clinical areas of
nursing and general health courses for the Nursing department. The
nursing adjunct instructor is responsible for structuring and
supervising the learning experiences of students in the partnering
clinical agency. The faculty must possess an Iowa Nursing
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to
identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a
willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming,
diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of
adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Demonstrates professional role modeling for students.
- Maintains professional objective relationship with
- Makes self familiar with policies and protocols of the program,
college, and agency.
- Provides students clinical instruction for the full required
hours, utilizing instructional time effectively.
- Assists students in identifying strengths and areas for
- Acts as a facilitator of learning; discusses, questions, and
directs student learning.
- Prepares assignments and conferences to coincide with theory
content, syllabus objectives, and student learning needs.
- Explains expectations to students at the beginning, supervises,
and documents performance; keeps students informed of their
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds,
perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an
environment that accepts differences.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most
positive manner with prospective, former and current students,
clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Possess the ability to organize and present various concepts to
a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities,
and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Manage a clinical setting in a way or manner that is acceptable
and consistent with department and College objectives, guidelines,
policies and practices.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and
exercise independent judgment when making clinical decisions.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with
students, colleagues, staff, administrators, and the general
- Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively
in oral and written form.
- Possess strong human relations skills. Get along with diverse
- Uphold all Kirkwood Student and Faculty Handbook policies.
- Grade all student assignments reliably and in accordance with
Kirkwood Clinical Coordinator and Course Lead guidance.
- Attend Fall Faculty Skill Competency Boot Camp annually.
(Attendance required for continued employment).
- Attend Spring Faculty Orientation annually. (Attendance
required for continued employment).
- Attend course specific orientations as scheduled each semester
The statements contained herein reflect general details as
necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and
performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered
an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may
perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: Position
involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%)
standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching
and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work.
Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and
- Must have current RN Iowa License with two years' experience in
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR
- MSN preferred or have BSN and make annual progress toward the
attainment of a master's degree in nursing or an applicable
Kirkwood Community College declares and affirms that it values and
respects diversity and inclusion in all College-sponsored events,
all employment practices, and all educational programs and
activities. The College will not tolerate unlawful discrimination
or harassment of persons on the basis of race, creed, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national
origin, age, religion, or disability.
Anyone who has questions or complaints should contact the Vice
President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313
Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, or
by phone to , or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S.
Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison Street,
Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60, Telephone: , Fax: , Email: .
Keywords: Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids , Adjunct Instructor, Nursing, Education / Teaching , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!