Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Job Description Summary
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and
diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities
where we live and work
Do you have an accounting background? Are you detail oriented and
have strong critical thinking skills? Do you enjoy working with
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do: As part of Transamericas
Investment Reporting team you will perform general accounting
functions including monthly journal entries, reconciliations, asset
transfers, and preparing financial statements. Use your expertise
to help assist us with preparing financial reports and performing
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to
Transamericas Investment Reporting team, while interacting with
multi-functional groups within Finance. You will also have the
ability to support different projects.
What Success Looks Like:
- Ensures the accounting transactions are recorded accurately and
- Reconciles, investigates, and records accounting information in
accordance with aggressive deadlines.
- Reviews or analyzes data for completeness, material changes,
variances and other appropriate information.
- Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for
use by others.
- Identifies, participates and contributes ideas for success in
relation to assigned work, projects or other process
- Understands the flow of information, financial systems,
appropriate reporting tools and uses that knowledge to troubleshoot
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of
- Assist with financial statement preparation and reporting
- Assist in other multiple bases of accounting and financial
reporting projects on an as needed basis.
- May assist in documenting business processes, identifying
controls and deficiencies in business processes, and testing of
- May coordinate/review work of others.
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of experience, with degree.
- Working knowledge of accounting area preferred (for example,
investments, insurance products, premium, tax, statutory
- Prefer CPA or CFA.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing,
customer service approach, willingness to take on new
- Detail-oriented, accurate; work effectively individually and
within a team, organizational and prioritization skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Accountant-Investment Reporting, Advertising , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!