Fixed Annuities Associate Actuary
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Job Description Summary
Do you have experience with fixed indexed annuities? Do you want to
be involved in putting new models into production? Do you have
experience managing model review or model change verification
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do:
As an Associate Actuary you will direct and provide leadership in
the design, pricing, and implementation of fixed annuity products.
You may oversee a small team within actuarial modeling and assist
in project based work.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong
relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a
Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility
and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Provides reports and analyses to management on sales,
persistency and mortality or morbidity experience for various
product lines, reserve adequacy, risk management information, or
various other similar items.
- Manages studies that underlie actuarial assumptions and
provides assumptions and data to others.
- May support creation of systems specifications, contracts,
commission structures, and other actuarial aspects of product
- Monitors and analyzes developments in actuarial techniques,
laws and regulations applicable to company operations, and
competitive developments in the marketplace.
- May represent the company on industry and professional
committees and/or with regulators.
- May supervise a small team of employees.
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
Economics or related field and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed
discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional
designation and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrates high quality leadership, judgment, organization
and prioritization skills.
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing,
advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to
effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excel and Power Point skills highly preferred.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program.
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Fixed Annuities Associate Actuary, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!