Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Job Description Summary
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and
diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities
where we live and work
Do you want to lead the preparation and interpretation of actuarial
information for presentation to management? Do you want to grow and
support our Modernization group? Are you interested in contributing
to the strategic analysis and reporting/analytic functions?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do:
As a Staff Actuary, you will be a part of the Modernization group
at Transamerica reporting directly to a Director. You will evaluate
new product ideas, and pricing and maintenance of existing
products. In addition you may direct the design, pricing, and
implementation of insurance products.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong
relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a
Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility
and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Develops actuarial assumptions to use in pricing, reserving or
actuarial modeling, including experience studies in support of
- Coordinates, prepares, and performs actuarial analyses to
develop pricing strategies, valuation approach or risk management
- Develops and maintains profit studies, non-forfeiture values
and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or
International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) actuarial items,
reserve programs, rate files, procedures and/or similar
- Prepares actuarial portion of financial reports or other
documents (e.g. state insurance department filings, rating agency
survey forms, internal management reports, etc.).
- Communicates actuarial research results to business unit
- May develop, maintain and document computer-based programs,
Sarbanes-Oxley procedures and model validation.
- Maintains documentation of actuarial research and
- Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and
- Coordinates and directs special actuarial projects.
- May supervise one or more Actuarial Analysts, Actuarial
Students or Actuarial Technicians.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics,
Statistics, Economics or related field and 5 years of relevant
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Master's in a listed
discipline and 3 years of relevant experience.
- ASA or equivalent professional designation required, FSA or
- Demonstrates high quality judgment, organization and
- Effectively communicates, both verbally and in writing,
advanced mathematical and analytical concepts to various
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to
effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Preferred: Extensive knowledge GAAP or IFRS19
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing, to all
audiences, ability to handle multiple projects by using effective
project management skills, analytical is preferred.
- Organizational and prioritization skills, effective judgment,
address employee issues on a timely basis is preferred.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program.
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Staff Actuary, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!