Lead Modernization Actuary
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Job Description Summary
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and
diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities
where we live and work
Do you want to lead a team in Modernization efforts for IFRS17
reporting? Do you have experience leading reconciliation, testing
and auditing of models? Are you interested in contributing in a
highly visible role with modernization?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do:
As an experienced actuary you will lead a team responsible for
assisting with Modernization efforts to prepare Transamerica
infrastructure for IFRS17 reporting. This is a high-visibility role
that leads 2 direct reports and 8 indirect team members and the
team is expected to grow to 20 by Q1 2019. Will lead the
reconciliation, testing, and audit of the models and sign off on
the conversions during the modernization process.
What You Will Learn:
You will increase your ability to build and maintain strong
relationships across Transamerica. You will learn to promote a
Future Fit mindset including Acting as One, Accountability, Agility
and Customer Centricity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Manage TA students and external Consultants responsible for
performing end-to-end user acceptance testing [UAT] for various
models and platforms
- Investigating differences between legacy models (PolySystems,
ARCVAL, MoSes, homegrown, etc.) and post-conversion models (ALFA &
- Providing sign off of newly converted models
- Develop conversion control templates
- Establish disposition for existing SLIME entries
- Assist with issue paper documentation and impact
- Support internal/external audit inquiries In Controls, Internal
Audit & PWC
- Ensure IFRS17 readiness in post-conversion models
What You Need:
- FSA or equivalent professional designation along with
Bachelor's Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics,
Economics or related field, and 7 years of relevant
- In lieu of Bachelor's, will accept Masters in a listed
discipline and 5 years or relevant experience.
- In lieu of FSA will accept ASA or equivalent professional
designation and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Effective communication, both written and oral, and ability to
adapt to various audiences
- Sound time management to balance project plan timeline with
- Flexible to assist with other priorities in Modernization, as
- Exhibits effective management skills to motivate and develop a
- Works well under pressure and within time constraints to
effectively accomplish individual and team objectives.
- Knowledge of Financial Reporting, Modeling, Projections, or
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (VBA can be
helpful, not required)
- Sound understanding of life insurance and retirement
- Prior experience with actuarial modeling software AXIS, ALFA,
- Exposure to the following is helpful, but not required
- SQL or Microsoft Access
- Programming languages VBA, SQL, Python
- Alteryx or other data analytical software
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program.
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Lead Modernization Actuary, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!