Sr Financial Analyst
Company: Rockwell Collins
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Requisition ID: 15681
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
We are currently searching for a Sr Financial Analyst to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
We are currently searching for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Misson Systems Financial Planning provides a great opportunity to network across the Mission Systems business. Daily interaction with Program Management, Engineering, Operations and other Mission Finance functions allows each analyst to influence perspectives and create value.
This financial analyst will be responsible for the reporting and analysis of specific income statement and balance sheet line items including, but not limited to, sales, earnings and cash position reconciliations. He/she will work closely with analysts, managers and LCVS personnel to gather information and understand the business in order to produce a financial forecast. He/she will provide support to executive leadership for the presentation of financial information. He/she is responsible for reconciling, understanding and confirming our financial data to support the monthly financial closing process and will utilize Hyperion and SAP heavily for analysis and reporting.
- Prepare and analyze inputs for quarterly forecast for sales, profit and cash flow, and perform same effort for Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and Strategic Financial Plan (SFP)
- Provide variance analysis of monthly sales, costs and profit actuals in comparison to forecast and plan. Perform same effort for AOP/SFP. Identify/quantify risks and opportunities to ensure that the team and management are informed of the financial status and impact.
- Consolidation and presentation of financial data
- Networks with senior internal personnel in support of the portfolio. Represents organization as a prime contact on financial information.
- Individual job duties may vary.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Rockwell Collins business processes preferred
- Hyperion Planning/Hyperion Financial Management experience preferred
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Rockwell Collins, Cedar Rapids , Sr Financial Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!