Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Location: North Liberty
Posted on: May 22, 2023
GreenState Credit UnionSenior Accounts Payable
SpecialistUS-IA-North LibertyJob ID: Type: Exempt Full-Time# of
Openings: 1Category: AccountingGreenState Credit UnionOverviewThe
Accounts Payable Professional is responsible for all aspects of the
credit union's accounts payable process including the ongoing
management of invoices, approval processes, related tax and tax
reporting functions, and booking of prepaids and fixed assets. This
position provides information and documentation to facilitate
internal and external audits, monitors expenses and performs
various associated clerical tasks. GREENSTATE CULTURE:At
GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve. We
do this by putting immense value into our employees, members and
communities. We empower our employees to create endless
opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and
enhance the vitality of our communities. Salary range for this
position is $79,173.90 - $92,563.38 with a progressive benefit
package. ResponsibilitiesPerforms essential duties and
responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are
not limited to those listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards
in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
events, on an annual basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Accounts Payable
- Reviews and approves for payment all vendor invoices, payments,
capital expenditures, and miscellaneous expenses.
- Ensures invoices are properly documented, approved, and
compliant with company policies and audit each invoice for
sales/use tax liabilities.
- Allocates expenses to appropriate general ledgers, capitalizing
expenses when appropriate and consulting with Finance when
- Generates daily accounts payable files and monthly prepaid,
fixed assets, and accruals files, and post transactions to the core
- Reconciles vendor statements; research and correct
discrepancies, ensure proper application of credit memos.
- Processes and track periodic recurring payments such as leases,
utilities, licenses, and taxes.
- Identify opportunities for discounts and efficiencies by
reviewing payment terms and methods and optimizing payments by
- Strengthens vendor relationships with professional and prompt
communication and timely payments.
- Maintains the vendor master file in the accounts payable system
including collecting and reviewing W-9 forms.
- Lead efforts to implement process improvements and efficiencies
related to accounts payable processes.
- Processes miscellaneous accounts receivable items related to
accounts payable processes.
- Assists in generating 1099-MISC and 1099-NEC forms per IRS
- Serves as the primary contact for staff on accounts payable
questions. Expense Reports & Reimbursement
- Reviews and approves for payment all staff expense reports
ensuring all expenses are properly documented, approved, and
compliant with company policies.
- Processes staff reimbursements and remittances and monitors all
expense reports for reportable taxable fringe benefits.
- Monitors outstanding corporate card expenses to ensure there
are no past due reports.
- Serves as the primary contact for staff on expense and
reimbursement report questions. Taxes
- Administration and accurate reporting of state and local
sales/use tax returns and quality control processes.
- Identifies and conducts sales tax audits/reviews to identify
and resolve errors and recover sales/use tax exposure amounts and
- Performs tax research and provides internal support and
interpretation of tax rules.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of changes in tax
legislation, rulings, regulations, and litigation specific to the
credit union and the financial industry.
- Collect and review W-9 forms and generate 1099-MISC and
1099-NEC forms from the accounts payable system per IRS
- Minimum of 7 years Accounts Payable (A/P) experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of accounting practices and
- Advanced knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger, and
sales and use tax.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to
multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a high-volume,
- Ability to operate in complex and ambiguous environments, using
experience and judgment to make quick, effective decisions under
- Exceptional eye for detail with an elevated level of accuracy
and an ability to independently analyze and problem solve errors
- Demonstrated critical thinking to identify efficiencies or
innovative approaches for current operating procedures.
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential
- Ability to work independently while effectively participating
with the larger team.
- Regular reliable attendance and punctuality are essential
functions to this position.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e.,
Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess a growth mindset with an inquisitive mind and
willingness to learn from setbacks.
- Adaptability, a positive attitude, excellent attendance, and
strong self-motivation are indispensable attributes for this
- The candidate must come in ready to assume the role with
- Must be bondable. Preferred Qualifications
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Power BI / Power Automate experience a plus.Reporting
RelationshipThis position reports to the Vice President /
Accounting Operations.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is
not responsible for the supervision of other employees.Equal
Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Cedar Rapids , Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , North Liberty, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...