Finance - Senior Financial Strategist
Company: GreatAmerica Financial Services
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Finance - Senior Financial Strategist (Cedar Rapids, IA)
Position Summary About GreatAmerica:
GreatAmerica is a national commercial equipment finance company
dedicated to helping manufacturers, vendors and dealers be more
successful and keep their customers for a lifetime. While
GreatAmerica has grown to more than 600 team members, our
entrepreneurial spirit remains and endless opportunities lie ahead.
We have experienced unparalleled year over year growth since our
founding in 1992.
GreatAmerica is structured in cross functional teams that allow
individuals to make informed decisions that benefit the company and
our customers. There is no doubt in our minds we are building the
greatest company of its kind, offering the finest products and
services available anywhere. When you are part of the GreatAmerica
team, you are part of the future, part of an opportunity to grow
professionally and to reach your potential while enjoying your
The Senior Financial Strategist primarily serves as a key resource
for Senior Leadership and the Finance Team on corporate and select
business unit initiatives, with specific emphasis on evaluating the
financial implications of strategic opportunities, evaluating the
company and its business units' operating strategies, and providing
planning, analysis, and support to meet the company's overall
- Leads evaluation of GreatAmerica's key strategic opportunities,
as specified (ex. capital structure allocations, new investment
opportunities, strategic partnerships, etc.).
- Lead execution of select key strategic opportunities and
- Leads development of corporate and operating business unit
5-year financial plan and 12-month budget partnering with Strategy
team to ensure coordination with GreatAmerica and Business Unit
- Develops and maintains complex operating and financial models
(income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis) designed
to efficiently and accurately forecast company financial
performance and evaluate strategic opportunities.
- Develops decision-supporting financial models and analytical
tools for internal and external audiences.
- Key resource in the analysis and summary of consolidated
company performance for the senior leadership team.
- Continuously improves accuracy and precision of analysis and
forecasting of GreatAmerica's performance related to key
performance indicators and measures used to identify areas of
opportunity, areas with positive and negative trends, and areas of
- Works with the leadership team to develop and implement
strategies to generate revenue, reduce costs, and improve
- Provides analysis and finance expertise to certain functions
and business support teams, as required (ex. Human Resources).
- Provides financial advice, counsel and leadership on select
company and business unit operating initiatives, as assigned.
- Provides support in other key areas of the operating business
units which have significant financial implications such as
pricing, compensation plans, staffing levels, and structuring of
unique business ventures and arrangements.
- Leads special studies and performs ad hoc analysis to evaluate
complex financial issues and prepares recommendations for policy,
procedure, control, or action based on results of analysis.
- Performs research on and provides recommendations related to
financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting, or
customer financial regulations which directly impact projects being
- Evaluate company performance relative to industry
- Acts as liaison between Finance and Accounting Teams, working
to ensure that finance initiatives are well aligned with accounting
initiatives and processes
- Lives the GreatAmerica principles; involved in cross functional
team efforts as assigned and required.
- Proactively promote and participate in process improvement
- Performs other duties as required.
Position Qualifications Position Qualifications
For all GreatAmerica team members: Honesty/Integrity, Customer
Oriented, Accountability, Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral &
For this position: Financial Aptitude, Analytical Skills, Business
Acumen, Accuracy, Self-Motivated, Problem-Solving, Judgment
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
field. CPA/MBA is a plus.
Experience: 5-7 years of finance and accounting experience in
providing business advice and analyzing business performance
Skills and Abilities
Computer Skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Other Requirements: Must have exceptional analytical and problem
solving skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and possess
outstanding computer skills. Must have excellent interpersonal and
communication skills. Role will likely include periodic large
project oriented demands with tight deadlines requiring more than
standard work hours and the need to respond quickly. Must be an
organized, creative team-player with initiative who responds well
to challenges. Must demonstrate sound business judgment.
Keywords: GreatAmerica Financial Services, Cedar Rapids , Finance - Senior Financial Strategist, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!