Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Lead Accounting Business Analyst
The people of Transamerica bring expertise, creativity, heart and
diverse thought to everything that we do-and to the communities
where we live and work
Do you have accounting business process knowledge? Are you
interested in analyzing data that has been processed in our new
system to make sure the information is accurate? Do you have
excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting with
various levels of leadership?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
What You Will Do: As part of Transamerica you will coordinate,
resolve and process all accounting issues as they relate to the new
accounting system. Use your strong attention to detail,
coordination and communication skills to properly support the day
to day functions of the system.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to
Transamerica's modernization team, while interacting with
multi-functional groups within Business and IT. You will also have
the ability to support and provide direction to Senior and
Intermediate Accounting Business Analyst. Implementing the overall
development of an accounting system for reporting and supporting
efforts to automate the deliveries.
What Success Looks Like:
- Effectively leads staff to achieve performance standards,
develop and motivate staff to achieve effectiveness; coaches,
trains and shares high level knowledge.
- Leads and coordinates members of project team where needed in
development activities, test planning of overall system
- Oversees development of test matrices, procedures and
- Prepare or review business requirements and test evidence
prepared by staff.
- Proactively identifies improvement opportunities to further
meet divisional and/or department goals
- Ensures that customer requests are thoroughly understood and
output aids in decision making process
- Fully capable of gathering or extracting information and
analyzing information for reporting or decision-making.
- Has an in-depth knowledge of how information is connected and
relates to all systems across the division and organization.
- Leads and provides for formal training classes within the
- Leads and provides guidance as a member of divisional project
teams for system conversions and enhancements and be responsible
for managing the accounting portion of project, creating, modifying
and documenting processes including cross divisional work
- Assists with resource allocation and planning.
- Provides communication to all applicable departments as project
move from inception to implementation.
- Provide guidance and review staff updates to accounting tables
according to established SOX guidelines.
- Promotes and ensures the integrity of accounting data by
implementing and maintaining controls around data management.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent work
- Eight years of experience, with degree.
- Understanding of SDLC and related methodologies.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word and
Excel), relational databases and other computer systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, can
grasp the bigger picture, prioritization skills, project management
skills, and the ability to communicate with IT programmers and
- Detail oriented, accurate, analytical, works effectively
individually and within a team, organizational and time management
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It's our passion to
empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their
lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account
balance and a healthy body to match. As you'll come to discover,
Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Lead-Accounting-Business-Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!