Lead SOX Advisor
Company: Alliant Energy
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: February 16, 2020
- Reviews, evaluates, develops, implements, maintains and
verifies internal and business controls in the execution of the
companys SOX compliance program.
- Understands inherent financial risks, business processes and
mitigating controls; ensures control documentation is appropriate
and public company documentation standards are met.
- Performs annual planning for the SOX program including
preparing the risk assessments, materiality and scoping
- Proactively recommends process improvements. Advocates for
change by assisting the business process owners with developing
creative solutions to simplify and streamline business process
while mitigating risks.
- Manages the internal and third-party audit teams as they test
control design and effectiveness; understanding testing strategies,
ensuring control activities are accurate and leading effort to
ensure findings are resolved timely.
- Evaluates findings and ensures appropriate resolution by
coordinating with business process owners.
- Leads and coordinates all management SOX Committee meetings and
internal SOX-related trainings.
- Assess and tests effectiveness of Entity Level Controls.
- Maintains the SOX administration tool to ensure control and
testing documentation is updated.
- Works on ad hoc projects and participates in various business
initiatives to assess the impact to the internal controls
environment (e.g. new system implementations, automation,
- Keeps fully informed of current developments in the SOX and
financial risk environments.Requisition ID:4683BRPosition
Type:Regular Recruiting Location(s):Cedar Rapids, IA, Madison,
WISchedule Type:Full-Time Posting Details:Looking to power up your
career? If you enjoy challenges, have the drive to learn, and are
passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant
Energy!What sets us apart?
- Excellent pay and benefits
- A commitment to career growth and development
- A culture that embraces our core values of live safety, do the
right thing, care for others, make things better, act for tomorrow,
and think beyond be bold.
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on our local
communitiesDo you enjoy evaluating business processes and
identifying efficient and effective ways of managing financial
risks? Do you have strong collaboration skills along with a keen
eye for improvement opportunities? If so, we may have the perfect
opportunity for you!We are currently recruiting for a Lead SOX
Advisor to join our team in either Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA.
In this new role, you will manage our SOX program and proactively
transform our SOX environment to incorporate new technology,
automated controls and impacts from other transformation efforts
throughout the organization. You will regularly interact with
business process owners throughout the company as well as internal
and external auditors.Alliant Energy will not provide sponsorship
for an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa) now or in the future for
this position.Job Category:Accounting/Finance/Audit Job
Qualifications:Education Requirements Bachelors degree with an
emphasis in business, accounting, or related area. In the absence
of a bachelors degree, four years of related experience is
required.Experience Requirements In depth experience working with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley
(SOX) and general auditing principles within complex business
processes in a SOX control environment.Preferred Certification
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designationOther Knowledge, Skill
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, theories,
practices, and procedures of the utility industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of SOX compliance, COSO internal
control framework and risk identification.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written
- Working knowledge of basic project management concepts and
- Ability to work collaboratively with all areas of the business
and work effectively in a diverse work environment.*NOTE: All
candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be
required to successfully complete a drug screen and background
check.We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment
for all and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran.Disclaimer: The above information
on this description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To apply
for this challenging opportunity, please complete our online
application at www.alliantenergy.com/careers. Applications will be
accepted until a qualified pool of candidates is received.Posting
Title:Lead SOX AdvisorTalent Gateway Posting Details:In this new
role, you will manage our SOX program and proactively transform our
SOX environment to incorporate new technology, automated controls
and impacts from other transformation efforts throughout the
organization. You will regularly interact with business process
owners throughout the company as well as internal and external
Keywords: Alliant Energy, Cedar Rapids , Lead SOX Advisor, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!