Senior Financial Analyst-Investment Analysis
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Job Description Summary
Do you have strong attention to detail and can stay organized on
large projects? Are you interested in analyzing data, finding
issues, and coming up with a resolution? Do you have excellent
communication skills and enjoy working with a team?
If your answer is yes, we are looking for you!
Job DescriptionWhat You Will Do: As part of Transamericas
Investment Reporting team you will support the BAU and meet data
delivery for preparation of IFRS9 global reporting. You will have
the opportunity to work closely with multi-functional groups
globally amongst the country units. Use your time management skills
to incorporate accurate data into the financials to meet local and
global reporting deadlines.
What You Will Learn: In this role, you will gain exposure to
Transamericas Investment Reporting team, while interacting with
multi-functional groups within Finance, Aegon Asset Management, and
Aegon Corporate Center. You will also have the ability to support
different projects as needed.
What Success Looks Like:
- Extracts financial data from various accounting and information
systems to perform appropriate analyses.
- Analyzes financial data and defines relevant information;
interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial
performance and/or to project a financial result.
- Determines appropriate methodology to prepare information for
use by others.
- Interprets financial transactions and events for users and may
offer recommendations to those making economic or business
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the business to
proactively develop financial reports and complex models for
forecasting, trending and results analysis.
- Participates in monthly accounting processes to ensure accuracy
and completeness of financial records.
- Participates on project teams or leads project teams.
- May participate in due diligence activities.
- Works effectively with other departments/divisions to ensure
business issues are resolved for the success of the company.
- Offers leadership and direction to others. May supervise
- Possesses and applies broad knowledge of concepts and
principles or exhibits technical expertise in a specific area;
works with minimal instruction or guidance with appreciable
latitude for un-reviewed action or decisions; performs moderately
difficult assignments with diverse scope and complexity, requiring
a great deal of originality, creativity and problem solving with
initiative and independent judgment required.
- Responsible for adherence to the company's framework of
What You Need:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance and/or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience, with degree.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Solid knowledge of accounting/financial area preferred (for
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing,
ability to handle multiple projects, customer service approach,
willingness to take on new projects, analytical.
- Work effectively individually and within a team; organizational
and prioritization skills.
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. Its our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives
and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance
and a healthy body to match. As youll come to discover, Wealth +
Health is a central part of everything we do!
Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package;
Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition
Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee
Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities,
Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored
holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and
reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program,
Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program,
Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs,
Employee Recognition Program
Keywords: Transamerica, Cedar Rapids , Senior Financial Analyst-Investment Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!