Collections Specialist- Development Program
Company: GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Are you a problem solver? Do you enjoy negotiating? As a
Collections Specialist you will handle outbound and incoming
communication related to outstanding delinquent lease payments. You
will also be responsible for resolution of account administrative
delinquencies for GreatAmerica customers. You will take on the task
of investigating and determining why customers are delinquent on
lease agreements as well as carry out responsibilities in the
following functional areas: collections and customer service. Our
team environment allows you the opportunity to perform duties
across multiple business functions, as cross-training is one of our
main initiatives. If you possess strong problem solving skills and
enjoy research this is the right opportunity for you. You will be
hired into a Collections Specialist development program in which
you will learn through an established training curriculum in
anticipation of moving into a Collections Specialist role. Specific
- Contact and collect accounts 10-60 days past due to arrange for
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to internal
inquiries/other requests simultaneously.
- Process research and correspondence in relation to customer
disputes and collection problem inquiries.
- Work in a team based solution oriented environment that
involves customer support including: billing, taxation, insurance,
maintenance, contract terms, purchase options and account
- Determine why customers are delinquent and overcome obstacles
to ensure payment.
- Expected to work 60 accounts per day. Education, experience and
- For this position you must be a high school graduate or
- Collections experience in financial services is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required. You must
have the ability to perform in a high intensity, customer focused
- You must possess strong organizational and follow-through
skills, have the ability to multi-task, and follow processes and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Competencies required for all GreatAmerica team members:
- Honesty/Integrity, Customer Oriented, Accountability,
Tenacious, Communication Skills (Oral & Written), Adaptability.
Competencies required for this position:
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical, Customer Oriented, Accountability,
Reliability, Tenacious, Adaptability, Assertiveness, Resiliency,
Empathetic, Conflict Resolution, Active Listening. About
GreatAmerica: GreatAmerica is a national commercial equipment
finance company dedicated to helping manufacturers, vendors and
dealers be more successful and keep their customers for a lifetime.
While GreatAmerica has grown to more than 600 team members, our
entrepreneurial spirit remains and endless opportunities lie ahead.
We have experienced unparalleled year over year growth since our
founding in 1992. GreatAmerica is structured in cross functional
teams that allow individuals to make informed decisions that
benefit the company and our customers. There is no doubt in our
minds we are building the greatest company of its kind, offering
the finest products and services available anywhere. When you are
part of the GreatAmerica team, you are part of the future, part of
an opportunity to grow professionally and to reach your potential
while enjoying your work.
Keywords: GreatAmerica Financial Services Corporation, Cedar Rapids , Collections Specialist- Development Program, Accounting, Auditing , Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!